If you want to organize some of your program shortcuts into specific folders it is quite easy in Windows Vista. Lets walk through it really quickly.
- Right click on the Start menu button and then choose Explore
Note: If you want to have this menu apply to all users choose Explore All Users
- The Start Menu Explorer window now appears, go ahead and click on the Program folder to open it:
- Once the Program folder opens click on the Organize button and then click on New Folder:
- When the folder appears go ahead and type in a name for the folder and press Enter:
- Close that window, and now to see your new folder go ahead and click Start then All Programs and you can see it placed in alphabetical order:
If you want to add shortcuts, folders, or files just drag them to the Start menu then All Programs and drop them into your new folder.Tags: Vista Start Menu